Sri Lanka: Community Development
A decades-long civil war between Tamil Tigers & Sinhalese is now over. Work with an organization on this island paradise that is superb at community organizing. They need help with:
- building capacity, one community at a time (this is their specialty).
- low cost housing; peace building; women; public health; constructing wells & latrines, working with children 3-5
- special request for help with children orphaned by the tsunami & teaching English.
Nepal: Community Development Tackling Poverty
Nepal has transitioned from near-feudal monarchy to democracy. A genuine civil society is just emerging. Thus community development is important. This organization, though young, has a clear vision of how to help the poor. They ask for help with:
- ater sanitation (Nepal has the highest food & water borne disease).
- "capacity building": helping build the peoples' skills, talents & understanding.
- health campaigns; literacy; creating local enterprises to generate income.
These are volunteer positions. (But we also help people into international careers.) Applications accepted on a rolling basis. No end date.
Interested? Please READ the NGOabroad website then answer Questionnaire and embed with resume and email to info@NGOabroad.com
NGOabroad is a unique service that provides frugal, customized international volunteer options and helps people enter international humanitarian work. humanitarian work.