Connect. Explore. Grow.
March 26-28, 2020
Click here to view the Call for Proposals
Click here for the proposal application
ACSW's annual conference highlights innovation and fresh ideas focused on social work ethics and professional practice. Our conference is one of the largest gatherings of social workers in Canada with hundreds of social workers attending each year.
Conference goals are to:
- Showcase developments and innovation in social work
- Promote and enhance ethical social work practice
- Provide professional development in the practice areas of helping individuals, families, groups and communities, with a particular focus on the social work value of social justice
- Provide a forum to share social work practice experiences
- Promote and engage in self-care activities
- Network and connect with colleagues
- Celebrate the profession of social work
Each year a group of social workers volunteer to form the Conference Planning Committee. The committee is supported by staff through the Associate Director, Professional Practice and Advocacy.
The committee oversees delegated conference functions including: theme selection, conference format, workshops and presenters.
The Alberta College of Social Workers operates under the legislated requirements of Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act. Any personal information collected through the process of registering for the ACSW annual conference is safeguarded with appropriate security measures and used only for conference purposes.
- Registrations are confirmed once invoice has been paid. Unpaid registrations will be removed prior to event.
- Refunds for cancellation are not available.