ACSW 2017 Annual Conference
"Social Work Across the Lifespan: Opportunities and Directions"
March 30 - April 1, 2017
BMO Centre - Calgary
Twitter Hashtag: #2017ACSWCONF
As social workers we experience lifespan personally and professionally. Professionally, through the clients we work with, in our practice and in our careers. We are privileged to have unique opportunities to work with clients at all stages of lifespan.
More Information ( click each menu item to open)
- Provide a forum to share practice experiences
- Showcase recent developments and innovations in social work
- Highlight best practices that promote caring, self-fulfillment, autonomy, participation and independence for diverse populations
- Celebrate ethical practice
- Rejuvenate and refresh social workers through self-care workshops
- Connect with colleagues
- We are happy to be offering a number of workshops highlighting current research, innovation and celebrating social work practice in various fields of practice. Our offerings on Saturday afternoon focus on self-care, creativity and self-expression to remind us to take care of ourselves across our lifespan!
We are happy to announce a Pre-Conference workshop that will be on Thursday, March 30, 2017 from 8:30 - 4:00 PM.
- Title: Social Work Connections for Disaster Recovery Workshop
For more information on this event and how to register please click here.
- We are very happy to host our 2017 Annual Conference at the BMO Centre in Calgary. Please click on the link below to visit the BMO Centre website for additional venue information.
- The BMO Centre is located at 20 Roundup Way SW, Calgary, AB T2G 2W1.
- BMO Centre
- 2017 ACSW Conference - Hotel Information
- Hotel Arts - Host Hotel - 119 - 12th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Marriott Calgary Downtown Hotel - Preferred Hotel - 110 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Delta South Calgary - Preferred Hotel - 135 Southland Drive SE, Calgary
- This conference provides educational and networking opportunities for social workers. We invite your organization to become one of our valued sponsors for the 2017 conference.
- Door Prize Sponsorship Letter
- Monetary Sponshorship Letter
The Wellness Fair takes place on the welcome evening at the 2017 Annual Conference on Thursday, March 30th, 2017. We would like to invite social workers to highlight the skills and talents they have in addition to their social work skills. The wellness fair looks for participants with knowledge and talents in creative expression and art as well as general wellness such as massage, esthetics, health or other.
- Wellness Fair Information Sheet
- The vendor fair is an opportunity to showcase your services and products at the ACSW Annual Conference.
- Vendor Fair Information/Application Form
- The Alberta College of Social Workers operates under the legislated requirements of Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) . Any personal information collected through the process of registering for the ACSW annual conference is safeguarded with appropriate security measures and used only for conference purposes.
- Registrations are confirmed complete only when full payment is received.
- If you have registered and are subsequently unable to attend the conference, you may substitute someone to attend in your place. Please advise ACSW of the changes.
- Due to the greatly reduced rate for our conference refunds for cancellation will not be available.
- Regarding circumstances of an extreme nature, please contact ACSW.